Physical Therapy is the treatment and rehabilitation of physical injuries, musculoskeletal dysfunction, movement problems, and pain. Treatment is targeted to improve mobility, function, and quality of life. Physical therapists find the source of symptoms and address them with targeted hands-on manual therapy, strengthening exercises, and other modalities such as massage, ultrasound, heat and ice. Together these therapies help to reduce inflammation, heal damaged tissue, restore mobility and regain normal function.
What is different about Summit Health Physical Therapy?
We are a truly integrated medical facility combining expertise from multiple providers to achieve the best results. Your path to receiving the best Physical Therapy begins with an assessment from your Primary Care Doctor. A referral is then initiated to have a consultation with one of our physical therapists in order to formulate a personalized treatment plan. Additional modalities can also be incorporated including Chiropractic, Acupuncture, Laser and Massage therapy.
We offer a wide range of Physical Therapy options:
- Spine Rehabilitation: back and neck
Eliminating pain while getting down to the ‘root cause’ of the problem. Postural correction often times is the key to long term lasting results
- Sports Rehabilitation: injury and performance enhancement
– No matter what age, if you are an active person or an athlete and have an injury or want to enhance your sports performance, we can help you design a physical therapy program to keep you doing what you love.
- Orthopedics: pain relief and rehab from head to toe
– Treatment for all kinds of orthopedic injures including tendinitis, rotator cuff injuries, bursitis, osteoarthritis, strains, sprains and more.
- Sciatica and Disc injury rehabilitation
– Degenerative discs, bulging discs and disc herniations
- Pre and Post-operative rehabilitation
– Personal rehab programs designed to get you back on your feet after surgery for hips, knees, ankles, shoulders, elbows, wrists and hands.
- TMJ and Headache treatments- the majority of headaches and TMJ pain can be traced back to some dysfunction in the neck, with ‘forward head posture’ being the culprit. Once the headaches and TMJ pain are properly treated and eliminated, our clinicians focus changes to postural correction allowing long lasting results.
- Fibromyalgia, Myofascial, and Chronic pain
– One of the most important items to manage chronic pain and improve quality of life is body movement and strengthening your muscles. We help you get to yes for management of your pain.
- Ankle, Foot, and Plantar Fasciitis
– Physical therapy to aid in recovery from ankle sprains, chronic foot pain, and disabling plantar fasciitis.
- Orthotics: custom in-house fitting
– Designed to assist healing and pain relief for a number of foot and ankle disorders.
- Balance, Vertigo, and Vestibular disorders
– Physical therapy techniques are used to correct and restore inner ear and balance problems.
- Geriatrics: balance and stability programs
– Physical Therapy specifically designed for our seniors to strengthen back, hip, and leg muscles most crucial for balance, stability, rising from a seated position and walking.
- Kinesio Taping
– Relieves stress and tension from the muscle and fascia below, increasing blood flow, relieving swelling, and promoting faster healing.
- Dry Needling, Trigger Point Injections- Trigger points are hyperirritable “knots” inside the muscle that can often times refer pain to other joints and tissues. Trigger points injections and dry needling allow our clinicians to bypass the oral route (medications) and treat the root cause directly.
- Lymphedema therapy
– Aimed at improving lymphatic drainage to control swelling caused by lymphedema