Time & Location
May 18, 2018, 10:00 AM – Jun 22, 2018, 10:00 AM
Summit Health Group, 55 Rolling Oaks Dr, Thousand Oaks, CA 91361, USA
About The Event
Culinary medicine blends the art of cooking with the science of medicine. It is the utilization of nutrition and culinary knowledge to help patients achieve and maintain optimal health by embracing a food-first approach to help patients adopt and maintain a healthier lifestyle.
WHAT TO EXPECT
- To gain an understanding of the importance & effectiveness of using nutrition to prevent chronic disease conditions
- This is a 6 week curriculum group patient meeting on Fridays at 10a-11:30a.
- $75 Registration fee to reserve your spot and is non-refundable. If for some reason you must cancel prior to May 18th, we will apply your registration fee to a future Culinary Medicine event.
- This is a group patient visit to provide support and share stories & goals.
WILL MY INSURANCE COVER THIS 6 WEEK COURSE?
- Summit Health Group accepts all PPO Insurance & Medicare
- We will bill your insurance with qualifying medical conditions for the group visits. Standard deductible and co-pays apply at each weekly group visit.
- The following are medical conditions that are generally billable: High Blood Pressure , Diabetes, Pre-diabetes, Heart Disease, Chronic Kidney Disease, Obesity, High Cholesterol
- Existing Summit Health Group patients may call our Medical Assistants if unsure about having one of the above listed billable conditions
- If you do NOT have a billable condition, you can still register. Each visit is $125 and will require 50% prior to first visit with the remaining 50% will be due at time of 3rd visit.
Culinary Medicine Registration