Time is TBD|
Summit Health Group
The Power of Food
Time & Location
Time is TBD
Summit Health Group, 55 Rolling Oaks Dr, Thousand Oaks, CA 91361, USA
About The Event
Culinary medicine blends the art of cooking with the science of medicine. It is the utilization of nutrition and culinary knowledge to help patients achieve and maintain optimal health by embracing a food-first approach to help patients adopt and maintain a healthier lifestyle.
WHAT TO EXPECT
- To gain an understanding of the importance & effectiveness of using nutrition to prevent chronic disease conditions
- This is a 6 part curriculum group patient meeting on Fridays at 2p-3:30p. You can join the Educational Series at any time. The curriculum will be in continual rotation.
- $75 Registration fee to reserve your spot and is non-refundable.
- This is a group patient visit to provide support and share stories & goals.
WILL MY INSURANCE COVER THIS 6 PART MONTHLY COURSE?
- Summit Health Group accepts all PPO Insurance & Medicare
- We will bill your insurance with qualifying medical conditions for the group visits. Standard deductible and co-pays apply at each monthly group visit.
- The following are medical conditions that are generally billable: High Blood Pressure , Diabetes, Pre-diabetes, Heart Disease, Chronic Kidney Disease, Obesity, High Cholesterol, Chronic Inflammation
- Existing Summit Health Group patients may call our Medical Assistants if unsure about having one of the above listed billable conditions
- If you are an outside Summit Health Group patient, please send us an email after registering for the event and we will send you Culinary Medicine Patient paperwork to complete. email@example.com
- If you do NOT have a billable condition, each visit is $125 and will be due at time of check-in.
- Your registration is acknowledgment and commitment to attend each of the 6 educational sessions. These are considered patient visits and as a courtesy we are billing your insurance. This is a reserved attendance event with a limited number of seats for patients at each group visit. If you have reserved your spot and you do not attend, it limits another patient on our waiting list to attend in your absence.
- We understand that unforeseen events may cause you to miss a session. However if more than one session is missed, we kindly request you are removed from the regular attendance roster and added to our waiting list to attend only the sessions you can confirm.
- If you have confirmed your attendance and no-show we will bill you a $75 no-show fee.
Culinary Medicine Registration